June is Dog License month in CT!
In the State of Connecticut it is the law to license your dog in the Town Clerk's Office of the town in which you reside as soon as the dog has reached the age of 6 months. All dogs are licensed annually during the month of June. New licenses are available June 1st and must be procured in June or a penalty is imposed.
Due to coronavirus, the Town Clerk's office will issue 2020 dog licenses by mail only. The licenses can be obtained without a penalty from June 1 to July 31*.
*Per Governor Lamont’s Executive Order 7II, the deadline for procuring a dog license without a late fee was extended by one month to July 31, 2020. No late fee will be imposed on 2020 dog licenses until August 1, 2020.
Dog licensing by mail:
Please mail the following items to New Fairfield Town Clerk, 4 Brush Hill Road, New Fairfield, CT 06812
· If licensing a new dog, all certificates need to be submitted to our office
· Dog license reminder postcard for dogs previously licensed in town, if available
· Copy of your dog's current rabies certificate if your postcard notes the rabies date has expired, pursuant to Section 22-338
· Copy of spay/neuter certificate, if dog was recently spayed/neutered
· Appropriate fee (see fee schedule below) - check or money order made payable to Town Clerk
· A self-addressed, stamped envelope to return all certificates and the dog license
Spayed/Neutered Dogs - $8.00 each
Non-Spayed/Neutered Dogs - $19.00 each
Late Penalty - $1.00 per month or portion thereof per Sec. 22-349*