- Someone other than yourself may obtain an application for you. There is a provision for this election to have a designee pick up and return your absentee ballot. In all cases, ballots must be received in the Town Clerk's Office by the date of the election in order to be counted.
- No. There is not a provision in the law for this election.
If an unforeseen emergency arises that makes me unable to go to the polls, can I still vote by absentee ballot on the day of the election?Yes, there is an Emergency Application for an Absentee Ballot. The criteria to obtain an Emergency Absentee Ballot is as follows:
1) an unforeseen illness or physical disability occurring within 6 days before the close of the election or
2) because you are a patient in a hospital within 6 days of the election
- If you have any questions about Absentee Ballots please call the Town Clerk's office at (203) 312-5616.
- During regular Town Hall business hours: Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. ' noon
- Please contact the Town Clerk's office at (203) 312-5616 as to the availability date.
- Town Clerk's Office at Town Hall.
- A. Registered voters in the town of New Fairfield.
B. If you are not a registered voter, but are a citizen 18 years old or more, you can vote if you own property with value of at least $1,000 recorded on the New Fairfield Grand List as of October 2018.
- First, you must be a registered voter or property owner as described above; second, one of the following criteria must be met when applying for an absentee ballot:
i. active service in the Armed Forces of the United States
ii. absence from the town during all voting hours
iv. physical disability
v. religious tenets, which forbid secular activity on the day of the referendum.
vi. duties as an referendum official at a polling place other than your own during all of the hours of voting.